This article is about setting up an ad revenue attribution data connector for apps working with AppLovin MAX as a mediation platform.
To learn about ad revenue attribution, see the Ad Revenue Attribution FAQ.
If you are using AppLovin MAX as your mediation platform, you can pull ad revenue attribution data from AppLovin MAX either by updating your Singular SDK implementation or by using AppLovin MAX's Reporting API.
Method 1: Singular SDK Integration
This method allows you to get ad revenue data for SKAdNetwork campaigns. However, it does require you to update your app and wait for users to download the updated version.
Method 2: AppLovin MAX API
Note: This integration method is not compatible with SKAdNetwork and will not allow you to get ad revenue data for SKAdNetwork campaigns.
To pull ad revenue attribution data from AppLovin:
- First, contact your Singular Customer Success Manager or Singular Support to make sure the ad revenue attribution feature is open to you.
- In the Singular platform, go to Data Connectors, add the connector called AppLovin User-Level Publisher, and follow the in-app instructions for getting your Report Key from the AppLovin dashboard.
After the data is pulled, you can view it in a report by going to the Reports page and selecting Ad Revenue and Ad ROI under Cohort Metrics.
Notes on using the AppLovin API:
- AppLovin MAX data is pulled once per day.
- The data includes all the networks that you use through AppLovin's mediation service (as opposed to getting data solely from AppLovin's ad network).
- If you use in-app bidding with Facebook Audience Network via Applovin MAX mediation, you may experience discrepancies between the revenue reported in your mediation platform and the data available through the user-level API. This is due to Facebook Audience Network privacy restrictions.
To learn more, see AppLovin's developer documentation.