Updates [November 2021]:
- Additional breakdowns available: DMA and Region (available to choose instead of Country)
- Campaign Properties now available: Campaign Status, Campaign Objective, Bid Type, Original Bid Amount
- Additional metrics from Snapchat, such as Snapchat's Advanced Conversions, can be pulled by creating conversion events (see instructions below).
|Data Connector Technology||API (Snapchat API v. 1 - see documentation)|
|Data breakdown (segmentation)||
Your data is broken down by Campaign, Sub-Campaign ("Ad Squad"), Platform, and Creative.
In addition, Snapchat lets you choose one of the following breakdowns:
|Time zone||The time zone configured for your ad account in Snapchat.|
|Is data available on the creative level?||Yes|
|Does Singular show your creative assets?||
Yes, for the following Snapchat ad types:
Creative assets are not available for other ad types.
- Singular’s Sub-Campaign corresponds to Snapchat's Ad Squad.
- Singular's Creative corresponds to Snapchat's Ad.
- Snapchat's video_views_15s can be pulled, but you will not be able to use a data breakdown.
For descriptions of all fields, see the Singular Metrics and Dimensions Glossary.
|Field in Singular UI||Field in Singular API||Field in Network|
|Account ID||adn_account_id||Ad Account ID|
|Account Name||adn_account_name||Ad Account Name|
|App Site ID||app_site_id||Either 'iOS App ID" or "Google Play Store ID"|
|Country||country_field||"Country Code" from the Targeting Spec for the Ad Squad|
|Creative ID||creative_id||Ad ID|
|Creative Name||creative_name||Ad Name|
|Network Campaign ID||adn_campaign_id||Campaign ID|
|Network Campaign Name||adn_campaign_name||Campaign Name|
|Network Creative ID||adn_creative_id||Ad ID|
|Network Creative Name||adn_creative_name||Ad Name|
|Network Sub Campaign ID||adn_sub_campaign_id||Ad Squad ID|
|Network Sub Campaign Name||adn_sub_campaign_name||Ad Squad Name|
|Original Bid Amount||original_bid_amount||bid_micro|
||Placement_v2.snapchat_positions (if placement_v2.config == “AUTOMATIC” we hard coding - ["INTERSTITIAL_USER", "INTERSTITIAL_CONTENT","INSTREAM", "FEED", "GAMES"]|
|Public Id||site_public_id||iOS App ID
Google Play Store ID
region (in Region breakdown)
regions (in DMA breakdown - it's possible to have multiple regions in the same DMA)
|Sub Campaign ID||sub_campaign_id||Ad Squad ID|
|Sub Campaign Name||sub_campaign_name||Ad Squad Name|
(Installs reported using Snap's Ad Manager attribution logic.)
|Original Currency||adn_original_currency||Pulled from the Ad Account's Currency|
|Video Views 25%||video_views_25pct||quartile_1 (Video Views to 25%)|
|Video Views 50%||video_views_50pct||quartile_2 (Video Views to 50%)|
|Video Views 75%||video_views_75pct||quartile_3 (Video Views to 75%)|
|Completed Video Views||completed_video_views||view_completion|
Special Setup Instructions
In addition to the metrics that Singular pulls from Snapchat by default, you can pull any Snapchat metric and Advanced Conversions (see list) by creating a conversion event in Singular.
To create a conversion event:
- In Singular, go to Settings > Events. If you have both Custom Events and Conversion Events tabs, select Conversion Events.
- Click New Event.
In the Snapchat dropdown, select the desired metric.
The next day, when Singular pulls daily data for your account, it will pull completions as well.
- After the new event is populated with some data, run a report in the Reports page, and choose the conversion event you created from Events dropdown.
In order for Singular to retrieve Snap data on your behalf, the API user key should come from a user whose Snap role is that of an Org Admin, Account Admin, or Campaign Manager. You can follow the steps outlined here (link) and generate an access token. This access token will be used as the Bearer token when making the GET requests to retrieve this data through Snap's Marketing API.
FAQ and Troubleshooting
Out of the various metrics provided by Snapchat, the Singular integration gathers the metrics relevant to mobile marketing:
In addition, Singular can get statistics about user actions (known to Snap as Advanced Conversions), that are known in Singular as conversion events. See Configuring Custom Events below for information about configuring Singular to get that data from Snapchat.
To start pulling data from Snapchat into Singular:
- In the Singular platform, go to Settings > Data Connectors.
- Hover over the Add New Connector button and start typing "Snapchat". In the list that appears, choose Snapchat.
Click Connect with Snapchat and log in to a Snapchat user who has access to the required ad accounts.
Note: Before clicking the button, make sure you are not logged into Snapchat with an unrelated account (such as your personal account).