This article is about viewing user-level revenue. To run reports of aggregated ad monetization revenue, see Setting Up Ad Monetization Reporting. To learn more about the Reports page, see the Reports FAQ.
App developers whose business model includes ad monetization must be able to tie in user-level ad revenue to get a full picture of their total ROI - including ad monetization and in-app purchases. Singular offers a variety of solutions for combining user-level ad revenue data with campaign data.
Select your preferred method of pulling user-level revenue and then combine it with your attribution and cost data to provide a full ROI view.
Methods of Pulling User-Level Revenue
Using your Mediation Platform's API
Singular is integrated with ironSource, AppLovin and MoPub to report on user-level ad revenue. Singular is also uniquely able to include ad revenue when calculating cohorts, tied together with accurate ad spend in every relevant breakdown, so that ROAS can be calculated for every campaign hierarchy (for example, publisher).
For each mediation platform we have a unique integration set up, please visit the appropriate articles for additional information and setup instructions:
Using Your Own SDK Events
Singular can help you calculate the average revenue per event for the user events you set up when you integrated the Singular SDK.
If you don’t have any monetization events set up, you can use “session” to calculate what is the value of each user based on their sessions.
To set it up:
- First, make sure the user-level revenue feature is open to you. You can contact us to enable the feature.
- Decide which event you would like to use to calculate the ad revenue per user.
- In the Data Connectors page, add all the relevant monetization connectors (see Setting Up Ad Monetization Reporting for more information).
- After Singular pulls all the data successfully, view the data in your reports by selecting the metrics Ad Revenue and Ad ROI.
Singular has a unique integration supported for Soomla, which is an ad revenue attribution platform. If you're working with Soomla and would like this set up, or are interested in hearing more, please contact your Customer Success Manager.
Verifying the Data
Data Connectors Tools
To verify the data, start by looking at the Data Connectors page. You can find the status of the data connector, as well as download a raw data file for troubleshooting purposes. The raw data file includes the exact data (the device IDs) that were pulled from the IronSource API for yesterday.
You can compare the aggregated revenue with the user-level revenue.
- Start by running a campaign performance report in the Reports page. Select the metric Ad Revenue with Cohort Period = Actual.
- Then run a report in the Ad Monetization page, making sure to select the same time frame and same filters.
Verify that the numbers reported are as expected.