Use the Partner Configuration page to set up new partners (such as ad networks) or configure existing partners in order to generate tracking links for use with those partners.
When configuring a partner for use with the Singular attribution service, you will need to fill out some partner-specific fields that are required by the partner. The configuration varies between partners as well as between different apps in one network. The source for each app has to be configured once, and can be updated later.
Also see Special Partners below for instructions for configuring some partners, such as Facebook and Twitter.
To configure a partner for use with the Singular attribution service:
- Go to Attribution > Partner Configuration.
- Use the filtering box on the top left to search for the partner you want to configure.
- Select Add site, or click the partner to display a list of configured sites and select the Edit button.
Partner configurations can also be exported.
Exporting a partner configuration will download a .csv file with the following information:
- "Partner" - The recipient of the postback
- "App" - The display name of the app
- "Long Name" - The longname or bundle ID of theapp
- "OS" - The OS of the app, iOS or Android
- "Created" - The timestamp of the created postback
- "Click-through attribution lookback window" - The lookback window used for event postbacks. For example, a lookback window of 5 days for an attributed "ViewProduct" event will cause an attributed "ViewProduct" postback to trigger, only if it came within 5 days of the attributed click.
- "Postback Type" - The postback type, install or event
- "Events" - The name of the event which will trigger the postback
- "Attributed Only" - If the postback will trigger only on attributed events, or all events
- "Postback URL" - The URL, with Singular macros, of the postback that will trigger.
You can also configure a partner while you are creating a tracking link in the Attribution > Create Link page:
When you select the source (network) to generate a tracking link for, you get a link to configure the source.
If the source you select is not configured yet, an alert tells you to configure the source.
The Configuration Window
Configuring App-Specific Parameters
The Configuration window displays different fields based on the authentication required by the specific source.
For example, when setting up Vungle as a partner, you may see the following fields:
When setting up Chartboost as a partner, you may see the following:
Configuring the Attribution Lookback Window
The lookback window determines how far back the attribution algorithm should search for the matching click of an install event.
If the window is set to 7 days (the default value), and the install event is recorded 3 days after the matching click, the install is attributed to that click. If the install event happens 9 days after the click, it is not attributed to the click (and instead is recorded as an Organic Install).
Note: If there are two matching clicks for an install event, the install is attributed to the closest click.
Configuring In-App Event Postbacks
Some partners require the attribution service to send them postbacks to notify them about events that happen after the install.
For these partners, you will see fields such as follows:
First, select the frequency in which you would like to send in-app events to the partner:
- All - send to this source all the event postbacks arriving from all the sources.
- Only if install was attributed - send only the postbacks of and attributed install of this source.
- Off - Never send event postbacks to the source
Next, map your in-app events:
- Select the In-App (SDK) Event Name according to the name used in the SDK, and map it to the Event Name (or event ID) provided by the partner.
- Check the Send Revenue check box for relevant events. If the box is not checked, the postback will only send counts of the event.
Configuring Re-Engagements Postbacks
Depending on the partner, you may need the Singular attribution service to send the partner postbacks when it recognizes a successful re-engagement.
For partners that support re-engagement, a re-engagement postback can be configured to notify the partner of a successful re-engagement attribution. To do this, check the Enable Re-Engageent Postbacks option which is available for supported partners only.
- Facebook: No configuration is required. Read more about Facebook attribution.
- Adwords: Learn about configuring Adwords as a partner.
- Twitter: Learn about configuring Twitter as a partner.
- Apple Search Ads: Learn about configuring Apple Search Ads.
- Snapchat: Learn about configuring Snapchat.
- Chartboost: Since Chartboost requires receiving postbacks for all installs, you must check the box Send postbacks to Chartboost on all installs in order to save the configuration. Read more about Chartboost.