If you are using the Singular web platform and experiencing abnormally slow response times, runtime errors, or other issues, the source of the problem may be invalid information stored in your browser. You may be able to solve the problem quickly just by clearing your browser cache.
We recommend trying this solution first, before contacting Singular support to report a problem.
Background: What are Cache Issues?
Browsers often store information in a cache (temporary local storage) on your computer. This allows browsers to reload images and other web content more quickly.
This can cause problems if a website such as Singular updates a file, but your browser tries to use an older version of that file that has been stored in the cache. The result is errors and features that don't work as expected.
How to Identify Cache Issues
If you're having issues using the Singular platform, you can check if the cache is causing the issues by switching to "private" or "incognito" mode in your browser. Private mode does not use the cache.
To check if the cache is causing the issues:
- Open a window in private mode. For example, in Google Chrome, open an Incognito Window. In Firefox, select File > New Private Window.
- Go to app.singular.net and log into your account.
- Use the same functionality that caused you issues before and see if the issues are still present.
- If the issues are not present in private mode, this means you should clear your browser cache.
How to Clear Your Browser Cache
To clear your browser cache and cookies:
- Close all windows and tabs of your browser.
Then open a new time and do the following:
- Click the "more" icon at the top right.
- Select More Tools > Clear browsing data...
- In the Time range dropdown, select All time.
- Select the Cookies and other data and the Cached images and files checkboxes
- Click Clear data.
- Select History > Clear Recent History…
- In the Time range to clear dropdown, select Everything.
- Select the Cookies and Cache checkboxes.
- Click OK or Clear Now.
For more information and other browsers, see:
- Close the browser, then open it again.
- Log into your Singular account and try the functionality that malfunctioned before.
- If you are still experiencing problems, contact Singular support.