As of September 25th, 2023, new apps in TikTok are automatically whitelisted for the newer self-attributing integration. To configure this new integration, see our TikTok For Business Attribution Integration.
This article details the older, non self-attributing TikTok integration. TikTok is in the process of migrating advertisers to their newer self-attributing integration and you may see additional partner configurations for "TikTok for Business (DO NOT MODIFY)" to aid in the transition. For information about the transition, see TikTok SAN Migration Guide FAQ, or reach out to your TikTok or Singular customer success manager for more information.
|Partner Type||Ad Network|
|Receiving All Installs||Supported|
|Receiving All Events||Supported|
- Get your TikTok App ID from your TikTok Ads Manager dashboard. If you do not have a TikTok App ID, specify "N/A" within Singular's Partner Configuration section instead. You can find more information on how to generate and retrieve your TikTok App ID in TikTok's help center.
If you are a new TikTok client, you will need to enable unattributed events to be sent in order for your TikTok App ID to be passed to TikTok.
1. Integrate the Singular SDK/S2S
For help, see Getting Started with the Singular SDK/S2S.
2. Configure TikTok Ads as a Partner in Singular
Tip: For general instructions for setting up a partner, see the Partner Configuration FAQ.
To set up TikTok Ads as a partner in Singular:
- In your Singular account, go to Attribution > Partner Configuration and click Add a Partner. Then start typing "TikTok" and select "TikTok Ads" from the dropdown list.
- In the configuration window, select the app and app site for which you want to configure TikTok Ads.
Singular and TikTok Ads recommend the following settings:
Include View-Through Attributions Enable Enable attribution based on ad impressions in addition to ad clicks. Enable Fraud Postbacks Enable Notify TikTok Ads when Singular identifies fraudulent activity. Learn more in the Fraud Postbacks FAQ. Send Postbacks to TikTok for all Installs Enable Notify TikTok Ads about all app installs, whether they are attributed to TikTok Ads or not. Send event postbacks to TikTok for all Installs Enable Notify TikTok Ads about all in-app events, whether the app install was attributed to TikTok Ads or not.
In the TikTok ID box, enter your TikTok App ID(s).
This field supports multiple TikTok App IDs. To enter more than one TikTok App ID, separate them with commas as in the example below. (There is a 1000-character limit for this field.)
Configure postbacks to notify TikTok Ads about in-app events:
- In the Event Postbacks, click "+" to add a new event.
- Select one of the events reported by the Singular SDK in your app, and map it to a supported TikTok Ads event name. You can also choose to map the event to "(Use SDK Event Name)" which will send the event name to TikTok as it is coded into the Singular SDK.
- If the event involves revenue, check the Send Revenue checkbox.
- Repeat for all of your events.
3. Set Up Tracking Links
Tip: For general information about setting up tracking links, see the Singular Links FAQ.
To generate a tracking link for TikTok Ads:
- In your Singular account, go to Attribution > Manage Links and click Create Link.
Under Source Name, select "TikTok Ads".
Configure the link by selecting the desired app site and redirect options (see the Singular Links FAQ for help).
If you want to use the link for retargeting campaigns (re-engagement), expand the Attribution Settings section and select Enable re-engagement tracking.
You can now see and copy the click-through and view-through link with TikTok-supported macros to use with TikTok Ads.
Partner Data Policies
As a TikTok MMP partner, Singular adheres to the TikTok Ads data retention requirement: TikTok user-level data is removed after 6 months of original attribution. After 6 months, users attributed to TikTok Ads are treated/marked as "Organic" and reflected as such in both aggregate and user-level reporting in Singular.
As of March 22, 2022, TikTok requires MMPs to mask user-level data for view-through campaigns due to user privacy concerns. Therefore, if a conversion is attributed to a TikTok view-through (impression-based) campaign, it is displayed as follows both in your postbacks and in the logs:
- Network: "TikTok Restricted"
- Campaign: "TikTok Restricted"