|Testing Your SDK Integration|
If you've implemented deep linking in your SDK integration, follow the instructions below to test your deep linking functionality.
Note: This article assumes your organization is using Singular Links - Singular's new tracking link technology, launched in 2019. Older customers of Singular may be using Singular's older tracking links (legacy links).
Setting Up and Testing a Deep Link
1. Set Up a Test Destination
In the Singular platform, go to Settings > Apps, find the app, and add a deep link destination.
The destination should be one of the deep link destinations that the handler code in your SDK integration can recognize and handle.
2. Create a Link to Test
Now that you have a destination to link to, you can create a deep link.
- Go to Attribution > Manage Links and select the app from the sidebar.
- Click Create Link.
- Under Link Type, select "Custom Source", and under Source Name, select "Email".
- Give the link a name.
- Click the Link Settings and Redirects section to expand it.
- Select the destination you just created in the Deep Link drop-down list.
- In the Fallback Destination for Other Platforms text box, enter a website URL.
Click Generate and copy the link from the Click-Through Tracking Link field.
3. Test the Link
To test the link:
- Make sure the app is installed on your test device.
- Email the copied link to your test device.
- From the device, open the email and click the link. The app should open and display the intended page or content.
Alternative way to test the link (Android only):
Open a command-line terminal on your computer to trigger a deep-link:
When my app is already running, a deep link opens a new instance of the app instead of switching to the existing one.
To avoid this situation, edit your manifest file and add the following to your activity:
See Google's <activity> documentation for more information about launchMode options.
Testing Deferred Deep Linking
To confirm that deferred deep linking is enabled, check the session event in the SDK console.
- Set up a test destination and a link as explained above in the "Setting Up and Testing a Deep Link" section.
- Uninstall the app from your test device.
Email the deep link to the device and open it from the device. The link should take you to the app store. After you install the app and open it, you should see the desired page or content.