Learn how to create high-value audience segments based on your user data from Singular's attribution service and how to distribute the segments to your ad networks and other partners.
Singular Audiences is a tool that enables you to tap into your user data from Singular attribution in order to create high-value audience segments.
After you create your audience segments, distribute them to your media sources for activation in campaigns, or distribute them to your internal dashboards for audience analysis.
Common uses for Audiences include:
- Re-engaging inactive users
- Targeting new users by using lookalike capabilities of audience partners
- Encouraging incremental revenue from loyal customers
- Suppressing active users from your campaigns
Audience segments are groups of users that you create based on app event data. You can view your segments and create new ones by going to Audiences > Segments.
Once you create a segment, Singular generates an hourly-updated list of advertising IDs belonging to that segment. You can download the list and/or distribute it to partners.
The reach, as displayed for each segment in the Segments page, is an estimated figure of how many users the segment includes.
Click the Distribution History button for a segment to view a historic log of distribution attempts for configured partners.
You can create segments from one of the templates or from scratch.
To create a segment, first specify details for the base definition from collect user data:
- Application(s) (Required)
- Location (Optional) - By country of app install
- Device Model (Optional)
- OS Version (Optional)
Then further define the base audience by applying filters. At least one filter is required to create a segment.
- Installs - By the time of install
- Sessions - By number of sessions within a timeframe
- Events - Number of occurrences within a timeframe
- Revenue - Amount of revenue within a timeframe
To edit an existing segment, click the Actions button in the segment row and select Edit from the menu. You can edit base definitions and filters. Note that if a definition or filter is changed, the segment will be reinitialized, just like new segments.
A distribution is a connection between Singular and a partner, such as an ad network, where Singular automatically sends the partner selected audience segments and updates them hourly or daily (depending on what the partner supports).
You can configure your distributions by going to Audiences > Distributions.
You can configure your distributions by going to Audiences > Distributions. The page displays a list of Singular's supported audience partners, and you can click the desired partner to create a distribution.
To define the distribution, you will need to enter:
- Top Level Configuration: Details that Singular needs in order to connect to the partner, such as account IDs and API keys.
- Segment Configuration: Details needed to send specific segments to the partner, such as the segment IDs and selected account IDs.