Invite team members to access your Singular account.
If you are an admin of your organization’s Singular account, the Team Management page (Settings > Team Management) shows you the team members who have access to your Singular account. You can create new users, remove existing users, or edit their access permissions.
There are three types of users you can create:
Admin users have access to all the data as well as access to the Team Management functionality.
Standard users can access all the data but cannot use Team Management.
For restricted users, you can customize:
- Which apps’ data they will be able to see
- Which data connectors’ data they will be able to see
- Which metrics they will be able to see in reports (e.g., you can allow users to see revenue data but restrict them from seeing cost data)
- Which pages they will be able to access in the Singular platform.
For example, if you have UA managers in your team that are responsible for certain apps, you can give them access permissions only for data for those apps.
Creating a New User
To invite another team member to use your organization’s Singular account:
- In Settings > Team Management, select the Create New User button. This opens the New User wizard.
- In the User Role step, select Admin, Standard, or Restricted, and then select Next.
- In the User Details step, enter the person’s email address. You can also enter their name and a description (these will appear in the Team Management user list and help you remember what the person’s role is).
For Admin and Standard users, this is the final step. Select Create User. The person is added to the pending users list and receives an email asking them to log in and select a password.
For Restricted users, select Next to begin defining the user’s permissions.
- In the App Selection step:
- Select which apps the new user should have access to, or click Select All.
- If you want the user to have access to every app added in the future, select the Automatically add future apps checkbox.
- Select Next.
- In the Source Selection step:
- Select which sources (data connectors) the new user should have access to, or click Select All. For information about data connectors, see the Data Connectors FAQ.
- If you want the user to have access to every data connector added in the future, select the Automatically add future sources checkbox.
- Select Next.
- In the Metrics Selection step:
- Select which metrics the new user should have access to, or click Select All.
- If you want the user to have access to every metric added in the future, select the Automatically add future metrics checkbox.
- Select Next.
- In the Screen Selection step:
Select which pages in the platform the new user should have access to, or click Select All.
Note: The pages marked with a warning icon will always show data related to all apps and sources, regardless of the access restrictions you may have placed on the user.
- If you want the user to have access to every page added to the platform or to the account in the future, select the Automatically add future screens checkbox.
- Select Next.
- Review your choices and select Create User. The person is added to the pending users list and receives an email asking them to log in and select a password.
Removing or Editing Users
To remove a user, find them in the list and select the X button.
To change a user’s role or a user’s permissions, use the Manage Permissions link.
FAQ and Troubleshooting
Can I restrict access to a specific OS?
We do not currently offer this option.
What are “Custom Sources”?
Custom sources are advertising channels that you can set up for yourself if you are a user of Singular's attribution service. You define custom sources when you generate a custom tracking link (see Generating Tracking Links) and specify the link source as "custom" (rather than email, SMS, or social media).
If you have defined one or more custom sources this way, you can grant or restrict access to all the data from these sources by selecting Custom Sources in the Source Selection step.
Note: You cannot grant or restrict access to individual custom sources separately.
The list of sources in the Source Selection step doesn't match the list in Settings > Data Sources.
There could be several reasons for this:
- The Source Selection step also includes Organic and Custom Sources as options.
- Inactive sources: The Restrict Sources step only shows sources that have provided data in the past year.
- Agency name vs. network: One or more of the sources defined in the Data Sources page may be agencies rather than ad networks. In your reports (and in the Source Selection step), you see the name of the actual ad network(s) that the agency is responsible for.
Can I give users access to the Internal BI in this step?
No - while your internal BI may receive tracking postbacks, it is not a data source and you can not use the Source Selection step to grant or prevent access to it.
What happens if I restrict a user’s access to a metric but allow them to see a metric derived from it?
We allow you to define the access to each metric explicitly and do not limit your options based on the relation between metrics.
For example, if the user does not have access to the Cost metric but does have access to Installs and eCPI, they can calculate Cost manually. Make sure you do not give the user access to metrics that give them undesired information indirectly.
In the Select Pages step, why are some pages marked with an orange triangle icon?
The functionality of some pages cannot be limited by app/source. For example, if a user has access to the Settings > Data Connectors page, that user can see the full list of data connectors defined for your organization - regardless of whether you gave them access to the data from those sources. Make sure not to give users access to pages that offer undesired information.
Why can’t I allow users access to the Export Logs screen?
The Export Logs page can be limited to showing only certain apps/sources, but it cannot be limited to certain metrics. Therefore, if a user has access only to certain metrics and not others, they cannot use the Export Logs page.
To allow a user to use Export Logs, give them access to all the metrics.