You can set up Singular to track uninstalls for your iOS app. Uninstall tracking is available with Singular iOS SDK 8.x and above, and to start using it you will need to update your app.
To start tracking uninstalls:
- Integrate (or update to) Singular iOS SDK 8.X. For instructions on upgrading your SDK, see our iOS SDK integration guide.
- Update your iOS app to support Apple push notifications and pass the APNS device token to the Singular SDK. Singular requires an Apple Push Notification Certificate to enable uninstall tracking for iOS. If this is your first time setting up push notifications for your iOS app, see Apple's documentation. Once your app supports Apple push notifications, follow the Singular iOS SDK Implementation Guide to enable the Singular SDK to track uninstalls.
Note: In accordance with Apple's policies, your app's users will be asked to opt in to receive push notifications. Singular will only be able to track uninstalls for users who have opted in. In the future, Singular will support tracking how many of your installed users can be included in uninstall tracking.
- Add your Apple Push Notification Certificate to your iOS application page in Singular.
To retrieve your certificate and upload it into Singular:
Create and download an Apple Push Notification SSL certificate: In your Apple developer account, navigate to Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles > Identifiers > App IDs. In your Application Services View, you can configure push notifications for both your Development and Production builds.
Note that while you can use your Development certificate for your own internal testing, Singular uninstall tracking requires the Production SSL certificate to be used with your live app.
Generate a PEM (.p12) file from your Keychain: After you've downloaded your certificate, add it to your Mac Keychain, where it is paired with a private key. Select both the certificate and private key, right-click and export to a .p12 file with a meaningful name.
Upload your .p12 file into your iOS apps' application page under Uninstall Tracking, and enter the password for your .p12 certificate from above.
- Uninstall tracking is only available for users who have enabled push notifications for your app.
- Singular's use of Apple push notification services does not actually display a push notification to the user.
- Uninstalls are tracked as events in Singular and as a result do not remove the attribution link from the originating Install or Re-engagement source. This may result in uninstall rates of higher than 100%, since a user may uninstall an app multiple times in their lifetime.