Learn everything you need to do in order to get Singular attribution tracking working for your app.
For more information about using the Apps settings page, see App Configuration.
To set up your apps for attribution, follow the instructions below.
1. Integrate the Singular SDK
Start by integrating the Singular SDK into your app.
2. Configure the Store URL
In the Singular platform, go to Settings > Apps and select the app site that you want to configure.
The Store URL is used to redirect your customers to the right location to download your app.
Note: For Android, Singular automatically finds the right URL based on your package name - no extra step is needed.
3. Optional: Configure Destination URLs
It is possible to set a few different destination URLs in addition to the default store URL. Use this option when you need the campaign to redirect a user to a different URL than the default store URL, for example:
- When you have custom landing pages or websites
- When you use an app store A/B testing solution such as StoreMaven
During the process of Generating Tracking Links, you can select each one of the configured destination URLs to be targeted by a tracking link.
To create a new destination URL:
- Select the app and then select the app site you want to configure.
- Click on the + sign next to the Destination URLs and type your new destination URL.
- Click Save.
4. Optional: Configure Uninstall Tracking
Uninstall rate can be a good metric to track as an indicator of low-value users who uninstall your application after installing it.
5. Optional: Configure Deep Link URLs
Deep links can help drive returning users directly to the heart of your application. You can create URIs that that automatically load your application to a specific screen when clicked.
After configuring your application to handle URIs, you can create deep links like these:
|Deep Link Example||Use|
|SampelApp://search?product=123||Open to search results for a specific item|
|SampleApp://user||Open the app to the user's profile page|
|SampleApp://LastLevel||Load last level user attempted|
When combined with targeted campaigns, deep linking allows you to seamlessly re-engage users into your application.
To configure a new deep link URL:
- Click on the app and then on the relevant site you would like to configure.
- Click on the + sign next to the Default Link URLs and type your new deep link URL.
- Click Save.
6. Optional: Configure Universal App Links (iOS Only)
Universal Links is an Apple deep linking technology introduced and available only to devices on iOS 9 and above. It is a technology meant to replace the traditional URL scheme deep linking, and to address the need for serve the best user experience to iOS app users regardless of if the app is present on the device.
For more information about Universal Links and how to enable them for your apps in Singular, see the iOS Universal Links FAQ.
7. Optional: Group Your Apps
Often, your apps have multiple versions for different platforms - for example, iOS and Android versions. In Singular, each version is defined as an app site, but you can group them together under the same app.
Grouping versions together allows for:
- Creating smart links: Links that automatically redirect your users to the right app store based on the device type
- Smarter Reporting: Group your reportings by the app/game name.
If you have created separate app sites and you want to move them into the same app, do the following:
- Click on the app site that you want to move and then click on the Move to button.
- Choose the destination app.
- Delete the old app by clicking on the trash can icon.